Shifting from a complete over eater to becoming a healthy eater is a very crucial challenge. I love spicy food a lot, but from the last 1 year I managed to control over eating, adding healthy tasty recipes to my diet.
So following are the recipies that helped me to lose some weight along with little workout.
- Oats Idli & Chutney
Idli is an all-time favorite of Indians. Normal Idli using urad dal and par boiled rice is a complete protein, since its steamed and the calorie intake is also relatively low. So lets make it even more healthier with Oats.
Ingredients– Oats | Mustard | Urad Dal(optional) | Dal(optional) | Curry Leaves | Jeera | Ginger Paste | Green Chili | Carrot | Turmeric Powder | Rava | Yogurt | Water | Coriander (optional) | Salt
- Roast the Oats a little & grind to make fine powder.
- Heat a pan, add any healthy oil to saute mustard, urad dal, dal, curry leaves, jeera
- Once its set, add Ginger paste, chopped green chili, carrot & turmeric.
- Then after a few minutes, add little rava & mix well.
- Keep the mixture to cool & add the oats powdered.
- Add yogurt, enough water, salt, chopped coriander to make the batter.
- Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Now add batter to the Idli plate & steam well.
Have it with Coconut Coriander Chutney, or any healthy chutney you love.
2. Mixed Fruit Dessert
Ingredients– Milk | Honey | Flour/Corn Flour | Thick Curd | any 3 or more fruits, finely chopped | Chopped Nuts | Raisins
- Boil milk in a pan & add honey.
- Add 1 spoon of Flour/Corn Flour to thicken the milk.
- Once thicken let it cool.
- Add Curd + Finely chopped fruits + nuts + raisins in a bowl + the milk mixture we made.
- Keep it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Sever cool…………
For post updates follow Spring Seller on Instagram & Facebook.
Share if you like it.